This is officially now my go to gluten free dessert recipe. Not only is it super chewy and delicious, it's also really easy and only takes one kind of flour!
I've made this recipe in different pan sizes. It makes great bars if you want to do it in a 9x13. Sometimes I've done it without the M&Ms too, as you may recall from this Instagram photo.
In other words, just play around with the recipe as much as you want. Have fun.
- Giant Chewy Chocolate Chip M&M Cookie Cake
- Cookie Ingredients:
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour (or grind your own oats in the food processor)
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- More M&Ms and Mini M&Ms for garnish (optional)
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (milk or dairy free milk also work)
- Food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix together the butter and sugars. The mixture will be slightly crumbly. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Mix together the soda, salt, and flour and add to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Dough will be slightly sticky. Add the chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Reserve about 1 1/2 cups of the dough. Spread the remaining dough into a lightly greased 12 inch round pan. Bake until edges are golden brown (about 15-28 minutes). Press more M&Ms into the top for garnish immediately upon removing from the oven.
- Form the remaining 1 1/2 cups of dough into small cookies and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about 7 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Press more M&Ms into the top for garnish immediately upon removing from the oven.
- Beat the butter for the frosting until smooth. Alternately add the cream and powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Add more powdered sugar if it's too thin or more cream if it's too thick. Add the vanilla and food coloring. Pipe around the edge of cooled cookie. Top with sprinkles. Arrange Mini cookies around the edge for garnish.
Don't forget to follow Yammie on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest or enter your email address in the top right hand sidebar to receive posts in your inbox!
Not gluten free? Check out my other blog, Yammie's Noshery!