Okay guys. Here's another repeat from the other blog. Maybe sometime I'll make you something especially gluten free that all the regular people will envy, but that day is not this day.
Basically these are already gluten free. You just have to make sure you use Gluten Free Rolled Oats. Pretty much any flour should work okay for the 1/3 cup of flour, but I used Gluten Free Oat Flour. Enjoy!
- Chewy Peanut Butter Apple Granola Bars
1 cup gluten free Rice Krispies
1 2/3 cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
1/3 cup Gluten Free Oat Flour (you can grind your own in the food processor)
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup melted butter
1/3 cup honey
- Optional add-ins: peanut butter chips, nuts, flax seeds, etc. (I would add about 2/3 cup total of any add-ins if you want any, but you can leave them out altogether)
- 1 1/3 cups chopped apple, about 1 centimeter cubes (I used 1 large honeycrisp)
- For drizzling on top (optional):
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat the oven to 350º.
Combine all of the ingredients except for the apples in a large bowl.
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with greased parchment paper. Leave some paper hanging over the edge so that the bars will be easier to remove from the pan.
Press the about half of the mixture into the pan (just enough to cover the bottom) and press firmly in. Sprinkle with the apple bits. Crumble on the remaining mixture and press firmly in (you may want to get your hands a little wet). It's okay if some of the apples are poking through.
Bake for about 45 minutes at 350ºF.
Store in the refrigerator.
- Combine the drizzle ingredients and melt in the microwave. Allow to cool until thick enough to drizzle over the bars.
Don't forget to follow Yammie's Noshery on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest! Or enter your email address in the top right hand sidebar to receive posts by email!